BOBST is a global leading supplier of equipment and services of substrate processing, printing and converting equipment and services for the label, flexible packaging, folding carton and corrugated board industries. Founded in Switzerland, the industry supplier operates in more than 50 countries, runs 19 production facilities in 11 countries, and employs 5,800+ people worldwide.
Overcoming software management update and configurations challenges was a priority to BOBST – and with a big rollout date approaching – BOBST’s goal was to find a comprehensive edge management and orchestration solution that could automate as much as possible (to maintain the OS versions and apply security patches to edge devices in the field).
BOBST decided to team up with ZEDEDA, the leader in edge management and orchestration for the distributed edge – and now ZEDEDA’s purpose-built, cloud-native edge management and orchestration solution – is embedded in all machines manufactured by BOBST.
By working with ZEDEDA, BOBST was able to:
- Gain end-to-end management of the BOBST device fleet – going beyond the OS with a full stack configuration and monitoring of the devices
- Deploy fully managed edge devices – ensure the devices always have the latest versions and configurations
- Accelerate product readiness – in the area of device management by six months, with a prototype in days
- Expand the number of machines – the company could instrument and manage including value-added services
- Scale from the working prototype – BOBST created their own device images using ZEDEDA tools
- Innovate BOBST’s solution powered by ZEDEDA – fundamental to the BOBST Connect offering
- Globally partner with ZEDEDA – due to the existing ZEDEDA integration with Microsoft Azure IoT
According to BOBST, “ZEDEDA has been a true partner in assisting us every step of the way to ensure the success of the implementation. Our collaboration also triggered changes in the product for our needs in a true spirit of co-creation.”
Check out the full case study and see how the strong collaboration between BOBST and ZEDEDA ensured successful edge management and orchestration results.
ZEDEDA, the leader in edge orchestration, delivers visibility, control and security for the distributed edge, with the freedom of deploying and managing any app on any hardware at scale and connecting to any cloud or on-premises systems. Distributed edge solutions require a diverse mix of technologies and domain expertise and ZEDEDA enables customers with an open, vendor-agnostic orchestration framework that breaks down silos and provides the needed agility and future-proofing as they evolve their connected operations. Customers can now seamlessly orchestrate intelligent applications at the distributed edge to gain access to critical insights, make real-time decisions and maximize operational efficiency.